Sysup is a very simple tool that is supposed to run at boot time from initrd/initramfs of Linux based Embedded system.
It’s objective is to locate, by reading a text file, called the versions files, the correct version of the embedded device software to load. The versions are each a (possibly compressed) file system images which sysup will loop back mount and then pivot_root() into cleanly. Before mounting however, sysup will verify the image integrity (using MD5 signature) and will allow a fall back to the previous running version in case of error.
The idea behind sysup is that it makes the problem of atomic software upgrade easy: to upgrade to a new version from a running system, download the latest version and write it to the file system on the flash, get an MD5 of the new version file downloaded and create a copy of the versions file mentioned above, modify it to point to the new version (and list the current running version as the previous one) and then use the POSIX rename(2) call to atomically switch the files, then boot the machine.
Israeli related patches to the Asterisk Open Source IPBX
Asterisk is an Open Source IPBX. This page contains experimental patches to adapt Asterisk to the Israeli Bezeq network. All these patches are used daily by us, but you mileage may very.
Please note that connecting telephony equipment to Bezeq network requires approval from the Ministery of Communication
We are Open Source!
Open-source software is computer software that is available in source code form: the source code and certain other rights normally reserved for copyright holders are provided under asoftware license that permits users to study, change, improve and at times also to distribute the software.
OSI dictates that in order to be considered “OSI Certified” a product must meet the following criteria:
- The author or holder of the license of the source code cannot collect royalties on the distribution of the program
- The distributed program must make the source code accessible to the user
- The author must allow modifications and derivations of the work under the program’s original name
- No person, group or field of endeavor can be denied access to the program.
- The rights attached to the program must not depend on the program’s being part of a particular software distribution
- The licensed software cannot place restrictions on other software that is distributed with it.